CAE Endowment Fund
Research Grant Submission Guidelines
DEADLINE: JUNE 30TH
The CAE Endowment Fund is committed to assisting the dental profession in its quest for continuous improvement in endodontic care. The CAE will be awarding research grants to support meritorious research proposals that seek to advance basic scientific and applied clinical knowledge in the area of endodontics.
What is the intent of the Endowment Fund?
The CAE wishes to support promising research conducted by Canadian endodontic residents. The awarding of a grant will obligate the grantee to present their final research findings at a CAE meeting.
What are appropriate areas for investigation?
Any investigation relevant to endodontic care is appropriate.
Who can apply?
Individuals are eligible if they are currently enrolled in a Canadian postdoctoral endodontic program and a current CAE member in good standing. Priority will be given to student members but Academic members are encouraged to apply.
How will grants be reviewed?
The CAE Endowment Fund Committee will review each application.
What is the timing of the award competition?
All grants will be distributed by the end of the year.
How does one apply?
The application should take the form of an abbreviated research proposal in a single PDF document and should include:
- Title Page: include project title and investigator’s name, address, email, telephone number, academic affiliation, and research advisor.
- Project Rationale: justify the significance of the project. Also, describe the clinical relevance of the project to the field of endodontics.
- Project Protocol: describe study design/sample size, anticipated findings, overview of data analysis, and project time line. For human subject or animal studies, funding is contingent on institutional review board (IRB) approval.
- Bibliography: List the references cited in the proposal.
- Project Budget: indicate the expenses anticipated in conducting the project.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY IN PDF FORMAT TO THE CAE BY JUNE 30TH. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION.
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Simona Pesun, CAE Endowment Fund Chair [email protected]