Practice: Université Laval
Location: Quebec City, Quebec
Type of Position: Full-Time Academic
The Faculty of Dental Medicine invites applications from qualified individuals for a full-time Faculty position in Endodontics. The successful candidate will be required to deliver didactic, pre-clinical and clinical teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels, supervise students, contribute to the development of knowledge through participation in research activities, and undertake administrative activities including meetings and committee work.
Collective Agreement in force:
Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience: https://www.rh.ulaval.ca/sites/default/files/fichiers/Dentistes/echelles_salariales_dentistes_4_juin_2018_au_2_juin_2019.pdf
Successful candidates will be required to have potential for teaching excellence in Endodontics. Research experience and the ability to contribute to the development of knowledge and to collaborate with researchers from various disciplines will be highly regarded.
1. Have a DMD or DDS or equivalent;
2. Hold or be eligible for a license by l’Ordre des dentistes du Québec (ODQ);
3. Hold a graduate specialty degree in Endodontics or commit to obtain one, and hold or be eligible for recognition as a specialist in Endodontics by ODQ;
4. Hold or commit to obtain a Master of Science degree; the candidate who holds a PhD in science will be highly considered;
5. Be able to teach in French or make arrangements to become proficient in French within reasonable time;
6. Demonstrate pedagogical skills and an interest in research and teaching.
Position starting date: To be determined
Application deadline: August 15, 2019
Interested candidates must submit, by regular or electronic mail, a letter of interest, a detailed curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three referees to:
Dr. Cathia Bergeron, Dean
Faculté de médecine dentaire
Pavillon de Médecine dentaire
2420, rue de la Terrasse, local 1615
Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6
Email: [email protected]
To learn more about the Faculté de médecine dentaire and available positions, please visit our website at www.fmd.ulaval.ca
Université Laval is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. The university welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Name: Cathia Bergeron
Phone: (418) 656-7698
Email: [email protected]